When watching a video, for example, a clip of some pop star, sometimes you want to save it to your computer. There is no such possibility to download videos on the YouTube site itself. In this article, we will take a detailed look at all the ways to download youtube video to your computer. We have chosen the simplest solutions to this problem. You do not need the knowledge of a programmer and a system administrator. But you should be able to install programs on your computer, and you should also be able to install browser plugins.
- Downloading YouTube videos using a browser extension
- Follow a few steps according to the instructions below
- Download videos using third-party sites on the Internet
- Let’s give an example of a couple of proven sites that we know
- Downloading using the “ss” combination in the browser address bar
- Let’s describe the procedure in more detail
- Free PC apps for downloading videos
- To download youtube video, do the following
Downloading YouTube videos using a browser extension
A convenient and free way to download videos from YouTube Com is to install a browser extension. Let’s describe the procedure for installing a plug-in for the Chrome browser from the official online store.
Follow a few steps according to the instructions below
- Follow the link to download the plugin.
- Install the plugin in the browser.
- After installing the plugin on the YouTube website, there will be a green “Download” button under each video.
- Open the desired video, press the green “Download” button and the video will start downloading to your hard drive.
The SaveFrom extension works in all popular browsers:
The approximate time for all actions is 3 minutes.
Download videos using third-party sites on the Internet
Another easy way to download a video is to go to a third-party site and insert a link to a YouTube video there. After that, the file will start downloading to your computer’s hard drive. You can find many similar sites. Always choose trusted sites with ssl encryption support to prevent hacker attacks.
Let’s give an example of a couple of proven sites that we know
- Go to the website savefrom.net or on presaver.com .
- On the website page that opens, insert a link to the video in the field.
- There is a “Download” button near the link input field, you need to click it.
- The video will start downloading to your computer.
The approximate time for all actions is 2 minutes.
Downloading using the “ss” combination in the browser address bar
Perhaps this method is one of the simplest. In order for you to save the video to your hard disk, you need to insert a combination of “ss” characters in the address bar. These actions are performed on the YouTub website, namely on the page of the desired video. After that, we will be redirected to another site on which the download will take place.
Let’s describe the procedure in more detail
- Open the desired video or clip on the video service website.
- In the address bar of your browser, enter two characters “ss”. The link will then look like this: https://www.SSyoutube.com/kms-auto
- Press the “Enter” key, after which a tab with the SaveFrom service page will open.
- You need to select the required format and click the “download” button.
After these actions, the video will start downloading to your computer from YouTube. As you have noticed, everything is very simple and fast.
The approximate time for all actions is 1 minute.
Free PC apps for downloading videos
The last method in our article is downloading videos using programs. This is not a very convenient way, since we need to download the program and install it. These actions will take time. It’s up to you. We took links to download programs from official websites. You can also find these programs yourself on the Internet.
To download videos from YouTube, you can use programs such as :
These are the most popular and free applications for saving videos from the web.
To download youtube video, do the following
- Run one of the above programs.
- Copy the link to the video or video from the site.
- Insert the link into the text field of the program.
- Click the “Download” button.
System requirements for programs:
- Operating system: Windows Xp and above;
- RAM from 512 MB;
- free hard disk space for the program from 20 MB;
The approximate time for all actions is 5 minutes.
Pay attention to the free space of your hard drive. Modern videos in high quality can take up from 1GB of memory.
Now you can easily save YouTube videos for free on your computer and share these videos with your friends. Just be sure to warn the owner of the video about your intentions before these actions so as not to violate copyright ! 🙂